Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Art Supplies from God


      I started painting at the beginning of the summer, and, I must say, the whole experience has done more to prove to me the existence of God than the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
      (Thank you, Mr. Chase, for making me sound really smart for a couple of seconds there.)
      Really, though, I have so many stories that I could share with you about how God has helped me learn how to paint. And today's experience was just one more to add to the list.
      My father offered to give me ten dollars with which to buy canvases and a new brush because I've been trying to save all of my money. I took the precious sum to Hobby Lobby, knowing that ten dollars doesn't get you very far in an art section. Still, I prayed that God would help me find exactly what I needed.
      I was overwhelmed by the paint aisle. Being someone who uses those bottles of acrylic that they sell for forty cents at Wal-mart, I was shocked by the fact that bottles of "fancy" acrylics cost twenty times as much.
      Finding the correct size of cheap canvases, I picked up at two packThankfully, they were on sale. 
      After choosing a package of beautiful, fine-tipped brushes, I knew that I had gone way over my budget. Deciding that I would just have to spend some of my own money, I headed to the check-out.
      I remembered that I had a twenty-five percent off coupon for the brushes right before I set my treasures on the counter.
     The tired cashier rang up my purchase.
      "That'll be ten dollars."
     Ten...twenty three? I thought.
      Nope. It was exactly ten dollars.
      I had to keep myself from laughing as I handed her the bill.

"As for God, His way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in Him." Psalm 18:30
     

No comments: