Thursday, October 7, 2010

Mirror, Mirror

A few days ago I read a true story that sparked my interest. It was about a man, who received a gift from his father. The gift was a embroidered wall-hanging of dragons from China, a special gift. Proudly, he hung the souvenir on his living room wall, just to admire. However, not long after, his ministry and spiritual life was attacked by the enemy. It wasn't long before he realized it was actually the dragons--a symbol for satan--that kept him away from Christ. Once he removed the wall-hanging, he became more in love and closer to Jesus.

It made me wonder if I had something in my own bedroom like this. Maybe not any dragons, but perhaps something that made me focused on myself far too much?

Later that day I was cleaning my room. (Believe it or not, I love to clean my room!) I was about to move a full-length mirror so I could vacuum under it. This mirror has been sitting in a corner for ages, after my mom couldn't find a spot for it in my parent's own bedroom. It's just one of those things that's always been around. Then, I heard His voice.

This is what you need to get rid of.

I looked down at the mirror. Suddenly, I realized how many times I had stared into it--not thinking about Jesus, but me.

In minutes, that mirror was in the basement. And you know what? No regrets. Actually, I feel so free from the bondage of me, me, me!

How wonderful freedom is...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: