Thursday, November 11, 2010

Contentment


Lately, Jesus has been asking me to be content. Not so much in material things (although we should be content with what we have, too), but being content in situations of life right now.

Unfortunately, I can't say that I've earned an "A+" on this assignment. It seems I've caught myself complaining a few too many times. I regret that.

But when I take a walk in the vineyards, when I watch the golden sun rise each morning, when I sit a in a quiet corner and knit, when I am filled with His precious presence, I realize how content I am, just to be peaceful.

Everyone around us seems to have the urge to just keep moving, moving, and never stop to rest in our Lord's arms. I am not sure why this is. When I am alone with Jesus and a cup of tea, when I am playing games with my family on the living room floor, when I am with a friend, when I am worshipping His name, it is then that I am content.
I urge you to "steal away" with your King. To find contentment with Him. Find a quiet corner. Explore His creation, look at the world through His eyes.
Let's learn the sercrets of contentment!
Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. Philippians 4:11

No comments: