Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Date with Jesus


      "Did you know that every few seconds I do something just for you?" He whispered in my ear.

      "That's silly. Of course You don't! I would praise You for all of those things, and I'm definitely not praising You every couple of seconds," I muttered back.

      "Are you sure about that?" He smiled.

      Suddenly, my eyes were opened. I watched as a stream flowed by, it's glassy waters reflecting the blue sky overhead. A little squirrel scurried across the landscape as leaves fell one by one. The sound of the river flowing under a bridge was enough to lull a baby to sleep, and even the school marching band across the street made me tap my toes.

      First, the Savior of the world had invited me on a date. Then He sat me down on a park bench on a little island and whispered treasures of wisdom in my ear.

      Now this. All I could do was sit there in awe of Him.

     "Thank You, Jesus," I whispered back.

No comments: