Sunday, November 21, 2010

"Sunday" Selections from Our Bookshelf

While having a devotional is certainly not a vital part of our walk with Christ, if I were to recommend one to read, I would definitely point you to this one: They Walked with God by Moody Publishers.

This book, with an excerpt for every day of the year, is filled with truth, written by mighty Christians in our past. D.L. Moody, F.B. Meyer, R.A. Torrey, and Andrew Murray are a few of the writers.

They Walked with God has been a Christ-appointed find in many ways. I found it in a pile of free books at my church--hidden by out-of-date, dog-eared, paperbacks--once popular in the 70's.

Not only was this book found in an unlikely place, it seems to know just what I am thinking. Time after time, something will be on my mind, and God will give me the perfect message from this book that goes exactly with what I was thinking about! Besides the Bible, reading about the Christians of our past is a great source of insight and strength.

No comments: