Sunday, December 26, 2010

Just Jesus


I could say something about the need for some New Year's resolutions.

I could say something allegorical about Christmas cookies or the fact that Christmas decorations are unnecessary.

I could say something about the need to go on a diet after too much fudge and how that's just like our need for a "spiritual diet."

I could say something about how the star on our tree reminds me of our need to shine the light of Christ.

Those are all very bloggy things to say.

But, for some reason, Jesus is pressing on my heart tonight something far simpler:

It's about Me- not just December 25th, but the 26th, and the 27th, and the 28th- and as soon as you let Me love you the way that I long to, all of the things you're afraid of and wondering about and worrying about and hiding away in your heart from fear will melt away.

All it takes is one glance of your eyes, My love, and I am smitten.
I need your love.
I yearn for it.
I yearn for you.

As much as I love the way that you think about Me and read about Me and talk about Me, what I really long for is for you to experience Me.

Don't just make time for Me, Lauren- let your day revolve around Me.




Let Me have your life, darling.    

No comments: