Friday, February 18, 2011

A Lesson from a Snowman

Snow is melting outside, and that makes me think of only one thing: SPRING. If you haven't already noticed, for me, spring is a favorite time of year.

Of course, if I bring up the fact that 'spring is in the air', most people quickly intercede. "Um...yeah. Lindsey, we live in Michigan, remember? It like, snows here until July!"

I know that this February thaw is probably just a teaser, nonetheless I've enjoyed it. Can't say as much for Mr. Snowman:


In a matter of one night, he went from this:
to this!
Now, you're probably wondering what in the world is "spiritual" about snowmen, and why I even told you about it in the first place. I'll tell you.

Lauren and I write quite a lot of deep, serious thoughts on this blog. We want to. However, if you only looked at our posts, you'd probably get the idea that we are very deep, serious, people. And we can be. However, we both also love to laugh. We love to be filled with joy, and find humor in life. Seeing this snowman made me laugh, and I hope it brought a smile on your face, too.

So, the lesson you can learn from a melting snowman is this: don't get caught up in a stuffy, stiff-necked, grumpy state. Laughter, my friends, is the best medicine!

All the days of the afflicted are evil, but the cheerful heart has a continual feast. Proverbs 15:15

No comments: