Thursday, March 10, 2011

Seek His Face...

Lord, You're beautiful
Your face is all I seek
For when your eyes are on this child
Your grace abounds to me...

This is a favorite song of mine, it's lyrics seem to capture the very longings in my heart. Only a few weeks ago did I learn it was written by Keith Green, which made me love the lyrics all the more, knowing that such an inspiring, poured-out Christian had written them. (Which you can read more about in Lauren's post here.)

Honestly, I get so frusterated with Christians who never see the Lord's beauty. They are stuffy, crusty, stale, and dreary. They talk but they don't live. I wonder, have they ever felt the wind dance through their hair? Listened to the birds, smelt the falling rain? Looked at the intricate snowflake, the majesty of a horse, the mighty mountains? Do they ever pant after God, as the deer pants for flowing streams? Has there never been a flame within their soul? Have they experienced Jesus, felt His wonderous love? Tasting the goodness of the Lord, pondering it...
All of this, it is the beautiful face of God.

Seek it.

No comments: