Tuesday, January 22, 2013

He's Not Shocked


"You know when I sit down and when I rise up; you discern my thoughts from afar." Psalm 139:2

Do you, like me, ever have the thought, "I hope Jesus doesn't find out about this!" Or maybe, "Oh, no! God's not going to be happy about me doing this!"

A few years ago I heard a Misty Edwards song called "I Knew What I Was Getting Into." (You can listen to it here if you're interested.) I remember tears pouring down my face as I felt Jesus speaking through Misty directly to my heart.

You see, somewhere along the way I think that we forget about the omniscience of God. You know, the fact that He already knows? That when we slipped last week and did something that we regretted later, He wasn't shocked. In fact, He knew about it before it even happened, and it didn't change His desire for us.

Unlike us flippant humans, He actually doesn't change. Ever. He doesn't change His mind about us, even when we find ourselves caught in the most sinful, perverse situations. He's just waiting for us to respond to His open, waiting arms. His mercies are new every single morning, and they're never going to run out.

What a glorious God we serve!

No comments: