Monday, October 25, 2010

"I want some water!" "Well, I just parted 344 billion gallons of it..."



      I had a bad experience today. Very bad. And I may have to return to the place where this bad experience happened two more times this week.

      "God, I thought that this was where You wanted me to be!" I complained, sure that either I was misunderstanding His desires for my life or He was just whacko. "There's something wrong here. This was supposed to go wonderfully! I was supposed to really enjoy myself and do great and be well-liked by everyone I came across. Instead it felt like a bad movie."

      For some reason, whenever things go wrong, I am suddenly tunnel-visioned and forget all about everything else that God does for me every single day- not to mention the fact that He makes all things work together for the good of those who seek Him! He has proven that fact to me over and over again, yet I spurn Him the moment something doesn't go my way.

      Last night I was reading the story of Moses and the Israelites crossing the Red Sea. The part that got me was not the parting and crossing of the sea, but what happened after. You see, God had just blocked the Egyptians from following His people, parted the sea, let them cross, then destroyed their enemies. A little while later, they got really thirsty. Their Father had just parted a sea of more than 344 billion gallons of water, and now they thought that He was trying to kill them by not quenching their thirst.

      I can just imagine Him rolling His eyes.

"Who among the gods is like You, O Lord? Who is like You— majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders? You stretched out Your right hand and the earth swallowed them. In Your unfailing love You will lead the people you have redeemed. In Your strength You will guide them to Your holy dwelling." Exodus 15:11-13 

     

No comments: