Thursday, February 10, 2011

His Desire is For Me


After eighteen years of friendship, Lindsey and I have still never run out of things to talk about for hours on end. Still, more times than we could count, we've found ourselves asking each other, "Have I told you this before?"

I realized to an even greater degree what a true kindred spirit she was when one day she answered with a smile, "Yes, but you can tell me again." So I did, and we laughed just as hard as we had the first time I shared my story.

You can tell me again. How many friends do you have who are gladly willing to listen to your stories over and over again?

The other night, I was sitting with Jesus eating dinner and I asked Him point blank why He loved me.

Sometimes, I wonder if His "voice" is really His voice or just me trying to pretend like I'm God. Other times, there's not a doubt in my mind that it's Him because I would never think of what it is that He says to me.

This was one of those times.

"Because you are all that I desire."

I put down my fork and stared at the wall in disbelief.




Have you ever thought about that?

Have you ever considered the fact that the Christian walk might not be about all about us, but about His desire for us?

Have you ever thought about the fact that Jesus is aching for your love- aching for your time and your devotion?

So tell Him your stories. Tell Him about your day. Tell Him about your worries, your fears, your joys, your heart, and everything about this incredible confusing world that has you puzzled. He delights to hear your voice. Tears in your eyes cause them to pour down His cheeks.Your smile makes Him laugh. He sees past every bit of your insecure, superficial facade and straight into the depths of your heart.

When you don't necessarily feel like spending time in His presence, remember that it's not about you or your feelings. His desire- a passionate, overflowing, overwhelming desire- is for you. And, in the process of letting Him touch the depths of your soul, you will discover the most beautiful peace, love and joy that you could ever desire.

"I belong to my Beloved, and His desire is for me." Song of Songs 7:10

"Listen, daughter, and pay careful attention: Forget your people and your father’s house. Let the King be enthralled by your beauty; honor Him, for He is your Lord." Psalm 45:10-11

No comments: