Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Letter from Abba




Psalm 101

I will ponder the way that is blameless.
Oh when will you come to me?
I will walk with integrity of heart
I will not set my eyes before anything that is worthless.

Dear Child,

What's worthless, my child? What's worthless that is in your very heart? Pride, selfishness, arrogance, fear, satisfying the flesh? More than anything do I want to be with you--to live in your own heart. Breath me, my child! Live a radical life, set apart for me.

You serve me, read books about me, sing about me, listen to sermons about me, but, child, I want you to know me-to be in my presence. I've got a plan for you, precious child! No other place will bring you fullness of joy, except in my presence.

Trust in me, put your hope in me. Give me your questions and fears.

I love you, my child.

Do you love me?
-Daddy

No comments: