Saturday, February 5, 2011

"Son-shine"



I pulled back the curtains at 7:30 a.m.--the sky was a clear blue, and it was welcomed sight to see. Not a particularly outstanding morning, but it was pretty.


Slowly, I began to make the bed. Things in my heart seemed a little fuzzy. It was as if there was something Jesus wanted me to change, but instead of just asking Him what was, I squirmed, as if I almost didn't want to know. Perhaps you've felt like that before, too. Unlike the clear sky, my heart and mind were clouded.


As I was praying to Him about this, I looked back out my window. The magnificent, golden sun was rising with the coming day. To my surprise, because of the beautiful light, the landscape had completely altered. The deep white snow sparkled. The sky turned to a warm pink. And the trees, leafless though they were, looked like lacy arms, praising the King of creation. What a sight!


Then and there I knew the answer. I was like that morning before the sun came up. Just okay. Jesus wanted me to allow Him, (the "Son") to rise in my heart, and alter everything. To build everything around Him, (for doesn't the earth revolve around the sun?) to be completely consumed and passionately intimate with Him alone.


When we choose to let the Son rise in our life, everything changes. Things become golden and bright. The radiance of Jesus shines through.


"Those who look to Him are radient, and their faces shall never be ashamed." Psalm 34:5

No comments: