Monday, February 14, 2011

One Year Later...


Lauren and I were enjoying the last bit of our evening together. We had been sitting on opposite ends of the cozy sofa, warmed by the woodstove. We both looked at each other and smiled. It's one of those looks that say more than words--it's as if, for a moment, both of your hearts are connected, with the same hope and love. The two of us were quiet. I love the fact that we are perfectly happy together in silence, and don't feel as if we must always be talking.

In that quiet moment, I started to think about all the adventures Jesus had taken us on in the past months. Every step we took, He tenderly and gently guided us along the way. Every joy, answer to prayer, every desire, every new idea, it was all because of our beloved King.


"Jesus," I said, within my heart, "how in the world did I deserve a friend like this, one who is so much like me?"


"You don't deserve her," He said with a smile. "However, I placed you together for a reason- never forget that."


I know without a doubt that Lauren and I are what you call kindred spirits. That we were meant to pursue Jesus together.


A year ago, we didn't know what to expect with this blog. We chose templates, photos, wrote, and prayed. I don't think we expected that this blog would challenge us as much as it has. In many ways, we both see things much differently than we did we year ago. And, we are certainly not the same two girls we were last February.


In fact, we are stronger, more excited, and more in love with our precious Savior--and with this walk in the light--than we ever have been before. It's true!


Dear friends, thank you, for walking with us. Thank you for reading our ponderings, our boasting in Jesus Christ. Jesus alone is worth our lives. Strive after Him. Abandon all else for Him. Know Him, listen to His voice. Love Him to the very core of your soul. Put Him above all. Know that life is not a ho-hum one! Life is a God-scripted love story. And, it is meant to be lived by all of us.


I am passionately in love with my Prince. I marvel at Him, He sends me to my knees in worship and awe. A year from now, I hope so very much that I am only more in love, deeper, stronger, more passionate--so that I can truly say that every breath I take is worship to my Prince.

No comments: