Monday, April 25, 2011

Seeking

With my whole heart I seek you; let me not wander from your commandments! Psalm 119:10


The best times of my life are when I truly seek after God with my entire heart. It's in those moments when Christ just fills me up. When your whole heart is given to Him, you can't help but walk in our Lord's glorious light.

A few nights ago, I got to experience that. After a pleasant but busy weekend, I got to spend two precious hours alone with my King at my church in the sanctuary. After all the busy things I had been doing, being in the quiet sanctuary in the presence of Jesus was spectacular. When I say that Christ fills me up, I really mean it. It's as if His golden light fills my heart, my mind, my soul. It's been three days, and I still find that He's on my mind.

How did this all happen? I think it's when we seek after Him with our WHOLE heart. So many times I kneel at my bed to pray, while a million others things are doing tour jetes in my mind. We just can't seek Him that way. To get the fullness of His joy, we must give Him the fullness of our hearts.



You will seek me and find me. When you seek me with all your heart, I will be found by you, declares the Lord... Jeremiah 29:13-14

No comments: