Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Worthy

Early in the morning light I read this verse from Colossians 1 :10:


"So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God."


Later that day, as Lauren and I meandered through woodsy trails, the sweet scent of Lilly of the Valley filled the air, and I once again pondered this verse. Walking together down the long path made me think of our own spiritual walk. Is it one worthy of our Lord? A path submitted to our Jesus ensures one full of adventure, beauty, and marvelous discoveries-I can promise you that. But it also requires repentance, commitment, and no compromise. (Something we all find a little more challenging to pull off!)


I ashamed when I realize how many of my days have been spent not worthy of our King, and not bringing Him pleasure. If you are not sure whether you are honoring your King, take another look at the verse above. Are we bearing fruit in our service? Are we learning more about Him and growing closer? If not, this could be a sign that we are not walking in a manner worthy of the Lord.


Let us not waste another day.

No comments: