Sunday, June 5, 2011

Flower Lessons

Right now there's a little bouquet of buttercups on my dresser. They are very pretty, and have actually been teaching me many things. Perhaps you wonder just how a flower could teach so many lessons? Allow me to share with you:

::Shine for the King

::Have a sunny disposition

::Grow in the Lord

::Lift your face to Him. He is our Creator.

My little bouquet affects the entire atmosphere of my room, making it bright and sunny, lovely and fresh. Imagine if I replaced it with some molding, smelly, dead plant. Would it not change the entire mood? What effect do have in your family and with those around you?

I'm no expert, but I think that the secret of a joyful face begins with a joyful heart. And God most certainly is an expert on changing hearts. Are you in need of satisfaction? Today I challenge you to turn to Him, dear friends, for rest and fulfillment.

You never know what a flower will teach you!




"Get in the habit of saying, 'speak, Lord,' and life will become a romance." Oswald Chambers

No comments: