Tuesday, January 3, 2012

At the End of the Day


I had a bad day yesterday.

I'm not going to deny it. They don't come often, but for some reason yesterday was an out-of-the-ordinary exception to the sorts of days that I usually have, which are wonderful.

When it was over, I climbed under my covers and pulled them tightly around myself, suddenly remembering that I had a chance to do it all again tomorrow. This time, however, I knew that things would go well.

But what if they didn't?

Honestly, it doesn't really matter. My "bad days" are heavenly compared to what some people face. I just finished a book last night about girls as young as five years old who are sold into the sex slave industry by family members in need of some quick money, and they often die of AIDS before they turn twenty years old. And I say that in present tense because it's happening today. Right now.

What matters is that, at the end of the day, when I pull the covers over my head, Jesus is right there with me. He loves me, no matter how many stupid things I said or careless mistakes I made. He's proud of me, and He's excited about sharing this journey with me- a journey that will most likely include some "bad days," but those days are nothing in comparison with the joy that comes when we're right in the center of His will.


"Yahweh your God is among you, a warrior who saves. He will rejoice over you with gladness. He will bring you quietness with His love. He will delight in you with shouts of joy." Zephaniah 3:17   

No comments: