Friday, January 13, 2012

Did You Know?

A pair of gleaming five year old eyes peered down at me over his bunk bed. With his usual, bright enthusiasm he said, "Did you know?"

I looked up at him. This was my third babysitting job of the day and my eyes were more on the bleary side. But I grinned at him and said, "What?"

"God's stronger than Batman. Yeah! You know, He's stronger than Bumble Bee. God's stronger than Superman, even."

"Wow! Is He the strongest in the whole world?"

"Yeah. God's the strongest."

"And He'll always take care of us?"

"Yeah, He always does."

If you are feeling like you're not strong enough, it's because you're not. Oh, but how mighty is our God!

Allow Jesus to gently lift you with His loving arms, to take you under His wing and refresh your soul. He is longing to do just that, to bring us His perfect strength in the midst of our bleary-eyed weakness.

Because, you know, He's the strongest.

No comments: