Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Faithful All the Way


The other day I felt like God was telling me to go somewhere and buy something. (I know that that's not very detailed, but it's all you're getting- it's an exercise in imagination! =)

I parked my car and sat there for a minute, knowing what I was supposed to buy but worrying that it wouldn't be there or I wouldn't pick exactly what I was supposed to. Then God told me something very simple:

If I brought you all of the way here, don't you think that I'm going to finish things off by showing you what I wanted you to buy in the first place? 

A logical question, to be sure. And as I smiled and left my car, I knew that He would be faithful to do just that.

It's a simple example, but something that I've thought about a lot lately. If Jesus has taken the time to show us-  in most cases, over and over again- a step that we need to take in our lives, why in the world would He suddenly bring us to that new place only to say, "Well, here you go! Now you're on your own." It's not a part of His character to be undependable. On the contrary, He asks for our all so that He might lead us exactly where we're meant to go.


"Send me Your light and your faithful care, let them lead me; let them bring me to Your holy mountain, to the place where You dwell." Psalm 43:3

No comments: