Wednesday, May 11, 2011

so you don't have magical horn...


You are probably familiar with C.S. Lewis' Chronicles of Narnia. His books are filled with amazing analogies and allegories. One portion of the story I've always been fond of were the gifts from Father Christmas. His appearance is the first sign of hope for Narnia. In particular, my favorite gift was Susan's horn. Wouldn't it be nice to receive one of these? I've often wished I could have one like that. Anytime you're in trouble, just blow your magical horn and help is on the way.

Last night I was thinking about this, and I realized we have something far greater than a magic horn. We can call on God. He is our source for salvation!

The Lord is near to all who call on Him, to all who call on Him in truth. He fulfills the desire of those who fear Him; He also hears their cry and saves them. Psalm 145:18-19

No comments: