Monday, November 7, 2011

Run to Him



A few days ago I was driving along, on my way to pick up my sister. The sky was bright and blue, (isn't marvelous that God made the sky blue?) and the gold sun glittered through the autumn trees as I drove.

I stopped for a school bus. The red, twinkling stop sign appeared and out emerged a little boy, perhaps coming home from kindergarten. Next to the big yellow bus he looked tiny and so very cute. Across the street was his mom, beaming.

When it was safe to cross, his mother opened her arms wide as she could, and the tiny boy came running to her with full speed. They both had huge grins on their faces, and she scooped him in her arms, picking him up with joy on her face.  

Meanwhile, I was crying. Tears were streaming down my face as I watched this little scene. My God gently whispered the truth in my mind: Are we not that little child, running into the arms of our Savior?

No comments: